Regulatory Compliance Expertise
Having been heavily involved in the development of building regulation in a number of Australian jurisdictions, Lovegrove and Cotton have great expertise in regulatory interpretation and impact. We advise builders, architects, engineers and other building practitioners and industry stakeholders on regulatory compliance across the numerous Australian jurisdictions.
Experts from the firm have also advised and briefed offshore regimes and peak bodies on best practice regulation, including with World Bank in China and India, and the Japanese Government on two occasions, such is the firm’s expertise on point it has assumed a strong international reputation.
The firm’s expertise includes:
- Advising clients on matters of regulatory interpretation
- Providing regulatory impact assessments on corporations and businesses
- Developing compliance manuals and regimes to ensure that organisations comply with regulations in a systemic fashion
- Providing in house training on the impact of new regulation
- Carrying out risk appraisals that take cognisance of regulatory impact
- Representing organisations and associations with regards to generating amendments or changes to regulations
- Providing legal representation to organisations and individuals that have been prosecuted for regulatory non compliance
- Advising governments both locally and abroad on how to develop best practice regulation and laws.
Kim Lovegrove is the firm’s expert consultant on the development of best practice regulation and has advised numerous governments on point and presented papers to numerous organisations of renown, including the English Forum for Construction Law Reform and the World Bank.