IBQC International Conference: Launch of Principles for Good Practice Building Regulation
On the 9th of October, 2-4pm GMT, the International Building Quality Centre will be holding an interactive conference that will address the core principles of the Principles for Good Practice Building Regulation.
The conference’s keynote speaker will be Dame Judith Hackitt DBE, FREng, FIChemE, FCGI, Chair of the Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety, which was commissioned by the UK Government following the Grenfell Tower fire.
The conference will be closed by Ms Sylvia Soff, Senior Private Sector Specialist, World Bank. The other key addresses will be presented by:
- Kim Lovegrove, Chair of the IBQC;
- Bronwyn Weir, of Weir Legal;
- Stephanie Barwise QC;
- Dominic Sims, CEO of the International Codes Council;
- Professor Charles Lemckert, Deputy Chair of the IBQC;
- Alejandro Espinosa-Wang, Senior Private Sector Specialist, World Bank;
- Professor Jose Torrero, Head of the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering, University College London;
- Neil Savery, CEO of the Australian Building Codes Board;
- Michael De Lint, Consultant, World Bank; and
- Professor Robert Whittaker, Director of Holdom Whittaker.
The first Forum will be held virtually from 2-4pm GMT, or Friday, October 9, 2020 9:00 am Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00).
Due to the anticipated difficulty for some in far eastern time zones (such as Australia and New Zealand) to join the Forum live, a recording will be made available via the IBQC website www.ibqc.org.au from 14 October 2020 onward.
The registration form is available via the below link and not surprisingly registration numbers are increasing very quickly. Thought leaders, law reformers, construction industry altruists, building practitioners and industry stakeholders from all parts of the globe are encouraged to register.
The conference is sponsored by the American International Codes Council and the University of Canberra. The IBQC thank the International Codes Council, in particular Dominic Sims, CEO, and Judy Zakreski, Vice President of Global Services, for their tireless efforts in coordinating the managerial logistics in putting this international conference together.