Construction Law New Zealand
Construction Lawyers Auckland and New Zealand
The construction lawyers at Lovegrove & Cotton are construction law and building law experts and provide trans-Tasman construction dispute resolution advice in New Zealand and Australia.
Our New Zealand operations have a primary focus on the provision of advice for trans-Tasman operators. Our firm is able to accept instructions from clients either side of the Tasman, to ensure the seamless interaction of the provision of legal advice for corporations that transact and do business in both countries.
Lovegrove & Cotton was established in 1993 as a dedicated construction law firm. Be it resolution of commercial and domestic building disputes, building practitioner regulatory advice and advocacy, or law and policy reform contributions, our firm has the experience needed to support and protect our clients’ interests, and the interests of the building industry in New Zealand and Australia more broadly.
Adjunct Professor Kim Lovegrove is available to take instructions in New Zealand with respect to the resolution of commercial, civil and construction disputes, and the provision of regulatory advice for New Zealand building practitioners. Having completed his law degree at Auckland University, Kim Lovegrove soon after embarked upon a career in construction law and is recognised as a leading antipodean construction lawyer.
Justin Cotton, who studied law at Auckland University, is Melbourne-based and can advise New Zealand clients on matters pertaining to Australian jurisdictions.
Front End Contractual and Regulatory Advice
- Pre-contract advice and building contract negotiation
- Drafting, auditing and packaging building contracts
- Advice on the suitability of building contracts and contracting models
- New Zealand building regulatory advice, including Building Act 2004 (NZ) advice
- Australia-wide building regulatory advice
New Zealand and Trans-Tasman Construction Law Dispute Resolution & Negotiation
- Defective building work claims
- Resolution and appearances in arbitration matters
- Construction law advice and dispute resolution in prolongation, disruption, delay and liquidated damages claims
- Advice and dispute resolution in construction variation claims
- Building practitioner professional liability claims
- Multi unit development construction claims
- High end commercial building dispute resolution