Planning Law VIC
Planning Lawyers Melbourne & VIC
The planning lawyers division has two senior construction and planning lawyers; Kim Lovegrove F.A.I.B., and Justin Cotton. They have a combined legal experiece of over 40 years. They have done numerous VCAT appearances in areas ranging from planning, to construction, to practitioner advocacy in misconduct proceedings. Kim is a past conjoint professor in building regulation and certification.
We provide comprehensive advice on the intricacies of the Planning & Environment Act.
VCAT Representation & Town Planning Advocacy
We advise on the VCAT process which includes:
- Chances of success and associated costs
- Deployment of expert witness
- Negotiation of positive outcomes
Our senior construction and planning lawyers regularly appear before the VCAT Planning list as advocates. Lovegrove & Cotton have also made submissions and
appeared before municipalities in hearings before councilors. The firm provides a holistic in house advocacy service so that what we offer is tantamount to a “one stop shop” in terms of legal representation.
Specific Areas Where We Can Help
- The planning permit application process
- Objections and submissions to councils
- Construction and/or extension of a single dwelling or multi dwellings on lots
- Applications for industrial planning permits
- Applications for business planning permits
- Applications for planning permits for advertising signage
- Applications for planning permits for waiver of car parking
- Applications for subdivision planning permits