Strata Community Body Corporate Lawyers
Lovegrove and Cotton has acted for strata community, body corporate and common property claimants since 1993. Justin Cotton heads up our owners corporation and strata community team and supervises owners corporation litigation and has been doing so for over two decades.
- rectification of strata community defects;
- resolving body corporate construction law disputes;
- common property and systemic defects;
- major structural defects effecting strata communities;
- waterproofing and leaky building claims;
- the rectification of cladding defects;
- responding to building notices and building orders;
- assisting with the regularisation of notices and orders;
- rectification of combustible cladding matters;
- strata community toxic mould cases.
We take instructions in owners corporation matters throughout the country
We take owners corporation instructions in any Australian state or territory, regardless of whether the jurisdiction is a tribunal, court of law or appeal body and have never lost a body corporate litigation. In most instances the cases settle before trial.
Lovegrove and Cotton has had conduct of very large owners corporation building cases against:-
- building surveyors and private certifiers;
- engineers; and
- local councils and other statutory authorities.
- How does an owners corporation sue for building defects?
- Owners corporations, apartment defect claims and class actions
- Water flowing overhead: common versus private property defects in owners corporation buildings
- Dealing with leaky buildings and knowing your rights
- Resolution of cladding dispute
- Leaky buildings and water ingress claims
- Building notice and orders
- General building defects