Planning Law VIC
Planning Law and Planning Appeals Melbourne & VIC
Our lawyers provide holistic advice on the processes leading up to construction, including planning advice and appeals. We have had carriage of numerous planning appeals at the Building Appeals Board and VCAT.
We provide comprehensive advice on the intricacies of the Planning & Environment Act 1987 (VIC).
VCAT Representation & Town Planning Advocacy
We advise on the VCAT process which includes:
- Chances of success and associated costs
- Deployment of expert witness
- Negotiation of positive outcomes
Our senior construction and planning lawyers regularly appear before the VCAT Planning list as advocates. Lovegrove & Cotton have also made submissions and appeared before municipalities in hearings before councilors. The firm provides a holistic in house advocacy service so that what we offer is tantamount to a “one stop shop” in terms of legal representation.
Specific Areas Where We Can Help
- The planning permit application process
- Objections and submissions to councils
- Applications for modifications to building regulations at the Building Appeals Board
- Planning disputes between councils and owners
- Construction and/or extension of a single dwelling or multi dwellings on lots
- Applications for industrial planning permits
- Applications for business planning permits
- Applications for planning permits for advertising signage
- Applications for planning permits for waiver of car parking
- Applications for subdivision planning permits