Security Of Payment
Lovegrove and Cotton has many years of experience in security of payment claims and the application of various building and construction industry security of payment legislation in Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, and South Australia. The firm has had conduct of high profile cases in Victoria and Tasmania.
The firm also had conduct of the defence of a raft of payment claims made in relation to the Victorian Commonwealth Games Village.
Our firm represents both claimants and respondents: be they builders, property developers, consultants, subcontractors, or the like, with respect to the:-
- preparation of claims and payment schedules;
- preparation of defences of claims; and
- enforcement of such claims via adjudication or litigation.
Our firm also provides regulatory advice for clients on the various security of payment schemes throughout Australia to ensure our clients comply with the requirements of those various schemes.
Articles published by our lawyers on security of payment
- Security of Payment: What are Some of the Benefits Conferred to Claimants?
- Architects and Security of Payment: A Neglected Debt Recovery Tool
- Security of Payment Legislation in Victoria: A User Friendly Guide
- Security of Payment Legislation in NSW: A User Friendly Guide
- Security of Payment Now More Critical Than Ever in Construction Industry